Acting on information, police caught an 11-year-old boy red-handed flying kite with a banned Chinese string.
Assistant sub-inspector Manjit Singh said the PCR team got the information that someone was flying a kite with the Chinese string at the Paras Ram Nagar locality.
“The PCR team reached the spot and found the boy flying a kite with the banned string. His father told the PCR team that the boy had not purchased the string from market. The family added that he got the string from a snapped kite,” said Manjit Singh.
The PCR team closed the matter after asking the family not to allow the child to use Chinese string.
A Chinese string becomes razor sharp after it is stretched. It could leads to serious injuries in eye, head, hand and neck. The Chinese string is more expensive than its Indian counterpart, but is very popular among children. The reason being that it can easily snap the Indian string while flying a kite.
The Chinese string can also cause damage to electricity supply system. The string contains metallic substances and in some cases is made of a thin metallic wire. Not only the electrical equipment gets damaged, there is also a risk to life in flying a kite with a Chinese string. If the string that gets entangled in a live overhead electricity wire is metal coated, it can lead to electrocution of the kite-flyer.
Source: Hindustan Times
Liked this post? Consider a donation!